Purpose:

I often feel a bit out of place, awkward, a headcase. My goal here is to take an honest look at everyday life beyond the things that so easily consume our minds, to take a step back and focus on what is real and true. I often find it in nature, a song, a person, a struggle. Anyway, life is too short to live charades and wear masks, getting lost in finding ourselves. I do both way too much. I want to live for what I was made.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Rich's Top Ten Thoughts--GO!


A hodgepodge of thoughts I'm letting escape my head today.

From Chicago trip 2 days ago.
Some random things I have found to be true in my life.

The going rate for an impromptu shoe shine on the streets of Chicago is $8, apparently.

At concerts, there are those who watch, those who take videos on their Iphone, those who aren't sure what to do, and those who get down.

Spending much time listening to talk radio will lead to depression.

Two microwaved eggs in a tortilla is a fine way to start the day.

Stepping in dog poo is never a fun experience.


Sometimes Froot Loops is the perfect thing to eat for lunch.

God is quite capable of defending himself. He will have the last word.

Listening is an art that is fast fading.

It's important to recapture and hold on to the wonder we had as kids.

Jesus summed the whole law down to two--loving Him and loving others, both relational and both intertwined. A good job has been done in confusing us about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment